Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Before Sunrise.

It's been a productive day already here in Pop Housewife-land. Having gone to bed far earlier than usual--around 8:30pm, or whenever The Rays were having their asses handed to them by the Yankees and I decided I couldn't watch any longer--I awoke far earlier than I usually would have.

My Darling Husband has an early dentist appointment, so the day began at 6:00am. Wanting to capitalize on the the unusual flush of energy at this hour, I *grudgingly* made the decision to make a trip to Walmart to pick up a 10-inch pie plate. I obtained a yummy recipe for a German Pancake from my mom, and I had completely forgotten that my glass pie plate was broken in our move over a year ago. I hate Walmart, but I wanted to get a move on, so I went.

It would seem that my local store has received some remodeling. The store was almost devoid of customers, but there were many, many executives walking around in suits and ties. I stopped one to ask where I might find Housewares, and he didn't know. He asked me if I usually shopped there, and I replied honestly, Absolutely not. He seemed surprised at my strong reaction, and probed further. I have to tell you, I was so so excited to finally tell someone in a SUIT who works at Walmart to SUCK IT, I could barely believe my luck. So I answered him honestly again: I disagree with your Pharmacy policy to not carry Plan B, or any emergency contraception. It's misogynist, and frankly, if that's the political drum you want to beat, you don't want my money badly enough.

He blinked at me, and stammered that he wasn't aware of the policy and told me to have a nice morning. He couldn't get away from me quickly enough, which I found utterly hilarious and unnecessarily awkward. I giggled at the absurdity--I love that I made him uncomfortable. Feminazi, in Housewares, Aisle 10321!

I still bought the pie plate. And I feel dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment