Friday, September 18, 2009

The High Holy Days.

Yes, it's true. Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown this evening. As a tip of the hat to my familial Jewry, I will dip apples and challah in honey, and make some crazy delicious fried cinnamon challah french toast for breakfast in the morning. I can't think of a more appropriate celebration of the sweet beginnings DH and I are experiencing at this very moment.

But perhaps more revered in this household is tomorrow's holiday: Talk Like a Pirate Day. I can't remember the first year we celebrated the occasion. It has to be within the last four or five years. For the most part, we celebrate merely by acting making ridiculous pirate speak puns that leave us both in nerdtastic laughter-stitched tears. This year, I am giving DH a gift. I shall serve him coffee in this fabulous mug from ThinkGeek.com. I hope he likes it! Squeeeee! I mean...Aaarrrrggghhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment