No trip to Disney this past week to ride the Haunted Mansion infinity times--DH worked and is still working today. First day off is tomorrow, and with so many schools around the country hitting Spring Break this weekend, I can assure you we will be no where near the theme parks for at least a couple of weeks. It looks like we'll go to The Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens for the big 3-5 instead, provided the weather cooperates.
And speaking of my birthday, DH has been singing Steve Martin's "The Thermos Song," from The Jerk for the last few days. It's become something of an ear worm, and I feel compelled to share. You're welcome.
What I'm reading this morning:
- From Salon.com: What the healthcare reform bill means for abortion. (I am a particular fan of Katha Pollit's sentiments.)
- She's Only Two from Mommy Drinks Because You Cry.
- Whence the Hatred II from Peter Sagal's blog.
- The New York Times Book Review for The History of White People.
- Also from NY Times: Artists Mine Scientific Clues to Paint Intricate Portraits of the Past.
- And some local news: A Man Spends Hours in a Stranger's Tub in Killer Whale Protest.